Friday, April 11, 2008

Two Brothers Cane and Ebel


'Cane and Ebel is one of a seris of special limited-run beers in styles that are more extreme or unusual. This unique red rye beer is full of hop flavor and aroma. We add 35 pounds of Thai palm sugar to each batch. The sugar does not add much sweetness to the beer, but rather a fruity and vanilla-like flavor. A new hop variety call Summit is really showcased here. This 18% alpha hop is also very aromatic which gives a pungent citrus aroma. Then we heavily dryhopped the beer with Simcoe.'


Now this is a beer for geeks. This stuff (almost) has the hops of an IPA but with way more malt to smooth it out. There are some nice spices to it that give it a nice aftertaste, too many to even pinpoint. I can taste cinammon for sure, but I always taste cinammon. This beer is exceptionally well crafted, almost to the point where it is intimidating to whoever is drinking it. I feel like I am missing something, which kind of bums me me out.
The last beer I said wasn't for beer geeks, Cane and Ebel is the exact opposite. I recommend this to anyone who likes to smell their beer before they drink it, it will blow your mind I am sure. Dudes that are looking to get drunk, not so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must have missed something for sure drinking this. I am not a beer nerd at all so maybe that is why I didn't enjoy this. If I was to go off my first impression I would not drink this again, which is a shame because I have liked other 2 Brothers beer.