Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yuengling Traditional Lager

I have always viewed Yuengling as a nice treat when I was travelling to Pittsburgh, so I am pretty excited a buddy of mine brought some to Chicago for me. If Yuengling was distributed this far west I would be very excited, but it is still nice to reserve as a treat every few years.

Yuengling might in fact be the easiest beer to drink, at least with my palette. Moderate carbonation, low on the sugar, mild hops and a decent amount of malt for smoothness. There are some flavors in the background that remind me of corn and some herb I can't put my finger on that give it a nice earthy taste. This beer is a perfect example of the middle ground between micro and macro breweries- easy drinking with plenty of flavor left over. Thanks dude, this beer is making today a great day.

No comments: