Friday, November 7, 2008

Founder's Breakfast Stout

'You've got to love coffee to truly appreciate this phenomenal brew. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and sweetened imported chocolates, Sumatra and Kona coffee. Breakfast Stout has an intense fresh roasted coffee nose toped with a cinnamon colored frothy head that seems to never fade and makes you wish breakfast could last forever.' -foundersbrewing.com

Founder's really does not fuck around. This beer tastes like how I always imagined the perfect black cup of coffee to taste, but those never live up to my expectations. I am not a big coffee drinker, but I certainly have given it a go on numerous occasions to no avail. Founder's Breakfast Stout is that idealized 'cup of joe' that I could never find, with some chocolate, malts and liquor thrown in it. This is a great sipper after a huge meal, especially after a stressful week. I'm going to save a few of these puppies for a rainy day.

I have another Founder's beer I plan on doing a write up for soon that will basically be the exact opposite of this rave review. Checks and balances, you know. Stay tuned, all twelve of you!

Musical Pairing: The Clash- London Calling (How you get a rude and a-reckless? Don't you be so crude and a feckless! You been drinking brew for breakfast? Rudie can't fail, no, nooo)

1 comment:

ScottyP said...

Don't sit on this too long, it loses its love quickly. it does not age well.

And I refuse to think Founders makes a bad beer.