Saturday, March 22, 2008

Iron City



I have find memories of drinking Iron City when my old band used to play Pittsburgh so there is a soft spot in my heart for it. I want to give it a rave review, but that would be misleading to some extent. Iron City is fine for a hard drinking hard working man but I doubt many beer snobs will find anything of merit here. I like this beer for what it is, but it doesn't live up to my fond memories at all. Iron City (what a bad ass name!) is another slightly sweet, run of the mill cheap lager. It tastes much better than say, MGD, but I am having trouble really coming up with anything special about it. I can tell you one thing, it makes me want a Yuengling bad.

This beer makes me want to listen to Brain Handle or Caustic Christ, in a basement in Pittsburgh of course. Down there this stuff tasted like one of the best beers I had ever drank. Those were the days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand your feelings for this brew...I've never had it, but I have a similar "sentimental" attachment to Olympia. It was the first beer I tried in high school, and I remember thinking it tasted like 3-day old urine. But, since it's one of few remaining links to my early high school years, I have actually made myself a fan of it.

Good head on that Iron City, by the way.