Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Goose Island IPA

'Our IPA recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result, quite simply a hop lover's dream. And this classic ale adds a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, to ensure that the long hop finish is one you'll remember.

ABV- 5.9%

IBU- 58'

It took me awhile to get around and do a write up of this beer. This is one of the first IPA's I tried and back then I did not like it very much. These were the dark ages of PBR and Early Times whiskey, before I had a taste for decent beer. That is exactly what Goose Island's India Pale Ale is- a very decent beer.

I have grown accustomed to IPA's pushing the limits with how hoppy a beer can get. Goose Island ditches that for a more accessable IPA but that doesn't mean it is any weaker in regards to quality. a beer that is reasonably priced and widely distributed Goose Island's India Pale Ale is a gem, a definite 'go-to' fridge filler and a good one at that.

Three yeard ago I would have told you 'Goose Island is for yuppies'. What an idiot I was, not drinking perfectly good beer because of my preconceptions.

Musical pairing: Queen- A Night at the Opera (quite a kick yet oh so sophisticated)

No comments: