Friday, June 20, 2008

Okocim O.K. Beer

'Okocim O.K. is a fine and delicate brew, deriving its quality from a recipe which incorporates the best of indigenous Polish hop varieties, luxurious barley and only the softest mountain water. The beer itself reflects the purity of these ingredients in its taste. 01kocirn O.K. is instantly refreshing. It is quite soft and impeccably balances the aromatics of hop and malt. The pure water of, the Tatra mountain range is the most important ingredient in Okocim O.K., giving it a pure finish and making it universally enjoyable.' from their low rent website: http://www.stawskidistributing.com/p_Okocim.html


Man, there is a lot of Eastern European beer in my area. Okocim seems to be the favorite of the Polish construction workers who left their beer bottles on the curb by my old apartment. I can see why this would be your favorite beer from that region because its competition is mainly awful (see the Baltika label).

Okocim O.K. Beer is a grassy, light lager that is a smooth drinking but plain. A definite step up in quality from an MGD but I would not put O.K. Beer in the premium lager category. There is still something a bit off about the hops from this region that make beer taste a little skunky, but you really have to be looking for it to taste it in Okocim. I was fairly bored with this beer after two or three so I put the rest of the sixer in my 'when friends are over' section of the fridge. Okocim is not bad by any stretch it just doesn't do it for me.

But if you asked me what my favorite Polish beer was? At this point I would go with Okocim's O.K Beer.

Musical Pairing: I have absolutely no clue.


No comments: