Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wingwalker Pale Ale

Not everything has to be innovative. Its well and good when you come across something inventive and new but if everything was that way the world would come to a screeching halt rather quickly. I like a little insanity in my fridge, don't get me wrong, but sometimes you just need a simple no frills beer.

Wingwalker does a good job of making all of their beers fairly standard for their style. When I bought this I was looking for something slightly hoppy (but not IPA territory) and still refreshing (but not lager territory). The Pale Ale it was. I have to admit it being on sale didn't hurt my decision.

Wingwalker sticks to the formula with this beer, but it tastes so balanced that there had to be some mastery behind it. Its a damn good by the book pale ale. I think one of Wingwalkers strengths is that all of their beers taste very 'clean'. I assume that this as to do with quality ingredients and the fact that there aren't too many of those said ingredients. The end result is a beer that won't be winning any awards for originality but does a fine job of meeting your expectations and quenching your thirst. My gut approves.

Musical Pairing: Big Star- Radio City (more by the numbers than their other records, but it is still a great album)


No comments: