Saturday, August 2, 2008

Speakeasy Prohibition American Style Amber Ale

I had this nice brew at Murphy's Pub on Kearney in San Francisco. Nice little (fake) Irish Pub that had some local's on tap. Nice place to rest up, drink some beer and eat some garlic fries after a long day of watching your girlfriend shop.

Speakeasy Prohibition American Style Amber Ale might have the most syllables in it of all the beers I have blogged thus far. That is a ridiculously long name! I am not a big fan of the whole mobster motif they have going on, but that doesn't stop them from making some good beer.

This beer tastes like a red ale crossed with an IPA. Plenty of IBUs here, this is one bitter beer. There are some spices and sugar in the finish that really rounds out this brew. I tasted some cinnamon for sure and something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

I liked this quite a bit and would definitely pick some up if it started being distributed in Illinois. I am starting to believe that a hoppy red ale is about the tastiest a beer can get.

No comments: