Monday, January 21, 2008

Sprecher Russian Imperial Stout


'Originally brewed in Britain for the Russian Czars, this tremendously rich and thick stout is known as the 'King of Ales' . It has a massive flavor, reminiscent of coffee and dark roasted malt and a complex finish that can't be described'

I think this can be described just fine as liquid fucking gold. This is easily one of the best beers I have ever tasted in my entire life. This is what Norse gods are drinking in Valhalla as they tear meat from a lambs leg singing in celebration of fallen warriors.

Ok enough bullshit, this beer is incredible. I was extremely skeptical if it would be worth the $15 price tag for 1 liter but now I believe. Its going to be hard not to buy a bottle a week of this stuff. The taste is subtle at first but then it hits you with its 'complexity'. The coffee brought up on the bottle is not quite right, but I can see how someone could come to that conclusion. It is as if someone who was a master at making beer made an effort to make his next beer taste like an excellent cup of coffee. It doesnt really taste like coffee it just gives you the impression of coffee. Its hard to find a beer that is so hard to define in its glory.

This is one of the reasons I am doing this beer journal, so I can vividly remember that I absolutely adore Sprecher Russian Imperial Ale. Drink and believe people, drink and believe.

No comments: