Friday, February 15, 2008

Wingwalker Lager


This is malty stuff, but just shy of crossing the line where it would start tasting ridiculous. Its not 40 oz 'malt liquor' or anything vile. You could chug this stuff all night, it is definitely one of those beers. I think I taste a little apple flavor in there, which surprisingly doesn't add a discernable crispness. I like this beer, but not for nights when I want to geek out with beer. This is not complex, which is one of its strong points. Sometimes you don't need complex, sometimes simple is just fine.

Wingwalker Lager is definitely for getting drunk, but I don't want you to think that it is akin to Old Style or some other cheap beer as its ingredients reek of quality. This stuff is a flavorful, affordable, well made lager that I am sure I will drink by the gallon once baseball season starts. It's a summer beer, so crank up the Boston and break out your lawn chairs! Drinking this stuff when it is six degrees outside is giving me some rough cabin fever, but that isn't the beers fault. Recommended!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review, and I obviously couldn't agree more about Wingwalker Lager. I currently have a 12 pack at home and when its gone I may never drink this beer again, but I am going to enjoy it. I find it crisp and refreshing. Is it Wells Bombardier? No it isn't, but until they bottle it and export it to the US, this is not a bad Lager at all. Thankfully, you're not one of those stout sipping pretentious beer aesthetes who leave ridiculous reviews on sites like ratebeer.com, beeradvocate.com, or beerpal.com and so I will visit you again soon, by dear beer swilling friend. Until next time. Peace.

Matt said...

I go to those sites quite a bit to see what other people think about certain beers and I can't for the life of me understand how you can taste 'biscuit' in beer.

But every damn time I want a biscuit after I read that.

-Matt

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say awesome blog! I had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.

I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to
writing. I've had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Thanks!

My blog post ... Http://www.deloops.Com