Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bell's Kalamazoo Stout

My friends Andy and Ben both gave me beer to blog about this week, which is awesome. The funny thing is they both gave me some Kalamazoo Stout so I ended up with tons of this stuff. Luckily for me this is great stuff!

Bell's is a little bitter which is offset with a nice creamy head and lower alcohol content. This is a great beer drink while killing a Sunday, which is exactly what we did, Ben and I. At first I didn't find the Kalamazoo Stout very distinctive but then it hit me that Bell's strength was in how well balanced it is. Yeah the aftertaste is kind of nutty and I swear there is some toffee in there somewhere, but that isn't why you should pick up the Kalamazoo Stout. You are grabbing this beer for one reason: lazy Sundays.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Also a great beer to drink while watching 4 straight hours of the Deadliest Catch. And yes, there is a great milk/toffee finish that I'm into.

Matt said...

The deadliest catch makes me nervous! I can't handle that show!