Friday, August 22, 2008

North Coast Red Seal Ale




'Malt and hops are beautifully married in this full-bodied, copper-red Pale Ale. Red Seal is generously hopped for a long, spicy finish. An excellent accompaniment to grilled meats and rich sauces. '

- From Northcoastbrewing.com


Sorry about the picture, it was getting late in the evening and I should have used a flash. Please forgive me.


My buddy Ryan brought over a sixer of this stuff to watch Sox game (his cable wasn't installed yet, so I win a six pack of beer!). This is another gem from North Coast. Red Seal Ale is a sophisticated, flavorful beer with a nice malty/spicy finish to it that really made my night. I can see myself drinking a good amount of this stuff once the leaves start falling from the trees. The hops were right where you want them for a red or pale ale- you can definitely still enjoy a meal while having one or two of these and not having your taste buds overwhelmed. This is a good one, I highly recommend it.


Musical pairing: Suede- Suede

3 comments:

Dave said...

I'm becoming a real big fan of North Coast. I love the Red Seal Ale and recommend it to my beer geek friends. North Coast also makes one of my favorite imperial Russian stouts - Old Rasputin - simply great! I think the Red Seal is great any time of year.

Danimal said...

Found your blog through B9. Shit's rad. Keep up the good work.

Matt said...

Thanks man! I was letting this blog get a little boring, now I am just going to spice it up somehow. Glad you liked it.